Sports Medicine & Performance Enhancement
Whether you are a weekend warrior or a budding young athlete seeking to optimize your strength, quickness, agility and/or performance, the California Therapy Solutions physical therapy team can help. As active athletes ourselves, we understand correct body position and movement to achieve maximum effect. We have treated athletes from throughout the sports spectrum, including elite world-class competitors, and we understand the biomechanics necessary for optimizing the body’s performance to achieve athletic goals.
Our Sports Medicine & Performance Enhancement Program is headed up by a former Olympic Rower and Coach. Our staff also includes former collegiate football, baseball, soccer, track, and cross country athletes. When you visit our office, our physical therapists may perform an analysis using video and a functional assessment of your body and movement. We’ll recommend strengthening, stretching exercises, and movement training to help you excel at your particular sport. Come work with our athletes on staff to improve your performance!
Dance Medicine Program
Dance Medicine is the art and science of preventing and managing injuries specific to the body of a dancer. At CTS, our Dance Medicine Program specializes in the unique discipline of injury assessment and diagnosis, dance biomechanics, rehabilitation, performance enhancement, and injury prevention. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary, world-class care to all of our dancers.
We offer the following services:
- Pilates-based injury rehabilitation for dance injuries
- Private Pilates training for performance enhancement
- Dancer wellness screening and annual physicals
- Pointe-readiness assessments
- 6-week jump training programs
Rowing Performance Program
CTS has unsurpassed expertise in rowing. Our Rowing Performance Program is led by David Gleeson, former Olympic and National Rowing Team Coach and Athlete. Having performed and coached at the highest level of the sport, David is an expert in all things rowing. David also has extensive experience coaching high school athletes and can advise on improving your college recruiting status.
Lynn Kanda PT also worked as Team Physical Therapist for the US National Rowing Team and has treated rowers for over twenty years, while Bill Gabriel PT DPT, is an Olympic Weightlifting Coach with over fifteen years’ experience working with athletes from many sports, most recently including rowing.
Combined, our High Performance Rowing Assessment Program provides a complete and comprehensive evaluation:
- Range of motion
- Movement quality
- Risk of injury
- Suitability for training levels
We present the comprehensive screening results in a round table discussion that can include your coach and other professionals. You walk away with a comprehensive set of goals for performance enhancement, areas of focus to avoid injury and training recommendations.
- 2-Day Comprehensive Screening:
- Day 1: Comprehensive Rowing Training Suitability Screening
- Day 2: Consultation and Training Recommendations
- Movement Training: Instruction in Pilates and coordinated movement with Licensed PT specializing in rowing as indicated by screening results
- Weightlifting Overview: Overview of rowing specific lifts with Olympic Weightlifting Coach, Bill Gabriel, PT
- Weightlifting Rowing-Specific Lift Technical Development: With Olympic Coach, Bill Gabriel, PT
- Personalized Rowing/Erging Training Program: By Olympic Coach and Rower, David Gleeson
- College Rowing Recruitment Consultation: With Olympic Coach and Rower, David Gleeson
TPI Golf Performance Program
Our TPI (Titliest Performance Institute) Golf Performance Program is unique, in that the Certified TPI Instructor is also a licensed physical therapist. This uniquely combined skill set offers unparalleled insight into the physical limitations affecting the golf swing. The physical therapist’s experience working in orthopedics and sports medicine, combined with the TPI program, will provide a comprehensive, golf-specific physical examination and a customized golf strength and flexibility program specific to the individual golfer’s needs.
- Golf Performance Evaluation
- 60-minute scheduled appointment
- 13-point physical evaluation
- Video analysis of Golf Swing
- Golf Performance Fitness Program
- 60-minute scheduled appointment
- Review findings from evaluation
- Personalized Strength & Flexibility Program
- Instruction on program and review of video finding
- Golf Performance Re-Evaluation – Same services as Golf Performance Evaluation comparing personal evaluation benchmarks
- Assess effectiveness of program
- Video analysis
- Modify to attain your personal Golf Goals
- Data Points
- Pain Scale
- Strength, Flexibility, Balance, Rotation, etc
For a detailed list of service offerings and pricing, please contact the Costa Mesa Office at (949) 722-7374.